Thursday, August 17, 2006

Colorado Matt's Investments

I am creating this blog to document my investment recommendations and to keep track of my progress. I have waited too long to do this and I believe that this is the most candid way for me to monitor my own performance. Like many investors my age today I am an avid admirer of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger's Berkshire Hathaway. I realize that they have adapted their investment style as they have grown their business and that the type of investments and obviously the size of investments that they make today differs greatly from the investments that they made 50 years ago. I will be focused on small-cap investments while BRK is focused on large cap investments. This relates to WEB's often referred to analogy of trying to hunt flies with an elephant gun. I do not have anything close to WEB's capital so I will continue to hunt for flies considering I only have a fly swatter to hunt with right now. So, while attempting to emulate WEB and CEM's investment choices, I will likely make selections that WEB and CEM would not choose today. I hope that anyone who shares an investment perspective with me will comment on my blog.

Cheers,

Matt

No comments: